Monday, January 5, 2009

Miracles

Well to start off Andrew and I are very sorry for neglecting our blog for so long. Life has been pretty busy with the holidays, but we have been loving every minute of it. We celebrated our first year anniversary on December 15th. I am so grateful for Andrew and the wonderful first year we've had together. He is such a wonderful husband, he is such a positive, outgoing, and service oriented person. He is so supportive of me and always takes time for us. Thanks babe! Sorry for the mush, but since I didn't write about our first anniversary I thought I better tell him how much I love him!
On a different note Andrew and I were talking the other night about the new year and how excited we were, when we started thinking about all the miracles we've witnessed in 2008. So instead of writing our new year's resolutions, we thought we would right about some of the things we were most grateful for in 2008.
-celebrating our first year together (not that I thought we wouldn't make it)
-surviving mono, ulcers, and chicken pox (we gained a greater testimony of prayer and patriarchal blessings)
-We were called to be Primary Children's representatives when we first moved into our ward. We witnessed so many miracles at this hospital. I know that Heavenly Father loves his little children and that he will help us through our trials. One night we received a call that someone needed a blessing. So Andrew and his friend Zach and I ran up to the hospital and found a little 3 month old baby all by herself. We wondered if we should give her a blessing without her parents there, but the nurse told us that her Mother was still driving to the hospital from Southern Utah and that she didn't care if she was there or not, she just wanted to know that her baby had received a blessing. What incredible faith this Mother had.
-I finally got a new job. I truly consider this a miracle. I've been looking for quite awhile and with the economy it was pretty difficult. All of the people I spoke with said that for each job they had listed they had over 60 applicants. I realize times are getting tough out there, so I am so grateful for work.
-Andrew and I are also so grateful for the wonderful Christmas we had. I have to say it was one of my most memorable Christmas's so far. It was so fun to wake up and have hot chocolate with peppermint sticks and sit in front of the tree with Andrew and open presents and then head off to our families houses. This Christmas we truly witnessed the power of forgiveness and the pure love of Christ. We are so grateful for our sweet families and for all the blessings they bring into our lives. So thank you family! We love you!!
The list could go on and on, but I don't want to make you read all that. :) So anyhow we are really excited for the new year and all it will bring. We wish you all a Happy New Year and a very belated Merry Christmas!
Love,
The Madsens

5 comments:

Marianna said...

happy anniversary! where do you work? i think we need to go on a double!

Brett and Ali said...

You are both such neat people. Thank you for reminding me how grateful I should be at the beginning of a new year. It was wonderful to see you at Christmas time and hope to see you soon! Thank you for all the help you were on our house while we were home. Love you both,
Ali and Company

Lori and David said...

So glad to hear that you are both doing well! I wanted to hear more! We should get together soon!

ashley said...

I love you both and I am so grateful for the time we had to spend together.

Marzipan said...

What a good year! Congrats on your anniversary!!

new background